Inside the box efficiency; out of the box range planning
Meggitt’s design approach for the Semi-Permanent Range (SPR) goes outside the box – from the common claustrophobic, cigar tube-type range on the market – to a spacious, comfortable, environmentally friendly range that exceeds your indoor shooting range requirements. The use of ballistically secure container modules eliminates the effort that comes with building a range facility while allowing you to create a modular range plan using multiple side by side and stacked containers.
The SPR puts you on the fast track to owning a specialized range facility without the need for a brick and mortar location.
Semi-Permanent Range construction
The SPR is equipped with systems and components to produce a three position, state-of-the-art, shooting range. These sections are referred to as “series.”
- Range series 1 – control room and firing line module
- Range series 2 – range extension module
- Range series 3 – trap section module
When connected together, these series provide an independent fully functioning semi-permanent firing range. Note that any number of containers can be included in a series, creating a range that spans any distance and width.
Each container can be shipped by ground transport; the containers are easily disassembled, transported, and reassembled by qualified personnel. The containers can be lifted and moved by crane or forklift capable of handling ISO and CSC certified containers.
The designed interior walls, floor, and ceilings are rifle rated and designed to deflect or contain properly or improperly fired projectiles downrange to the bullet trap and trap containment system. All properly directed rounds will not ricochet back to the firing line or exit the range envelope as there are no surfaces 90 degrees parallel to the firing line downrange. Ballistic-rated rubber lines the interior of the SPR to prevent ricochet from all projected pathways, for properly or improperly directed rounds, ensuring that no projectiles can leave the firing area. All surfaces are angled towards the bullet trap achieving a zero Surface Danger Zone (SDZ).
Benefits of the Semi-Permanent Range
- Live fire and virtual training capabilities in a mobile environment
- A training facility you can utilize when and where you need it
- A flexible alternative to traditional firearms training options
- Easily transported for use at dispersed sites or in a permanent location
- A cost-effective and timely solution for acquiring a training facility
- Simplifies the logistics of firearms training
- HEPA filtered ventilation system meets NIOSH, OSHA, CSA, EPA standards
All Meggitt Training Systems’ live fire and simulation range equipment is optionally available in
the SPR including target carriers, shooting stalls, bullet traps, range control and firearms simulators.